Author Topic: fill patterns  (Read 3087 times)

sfriedl

• View Profile
fill patterns
« on: April 15, 2015, 07:41:44 PM »
I would find it really convenient if, when drawing closed lines, one had an option, that only the fill pattern gets drawn, but that the "empty space" of the fill pattern shows "what is below".
For example, it would be helpful if one cross out something drawn with the diagonal fill pattern.
I also wish winfig was better at remembering which way I exported a file. For instance, I usually use pstex, but winfig always forgets what magnification I used.

Having said that, winfig is really a great tool. I have used it for an endless number of lecture notes.

Andreas

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: fill patterns
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 12:07:32 AM »
I would find it really convenient if, when drawing closed lines, one had an option, that only the fill pattern gets drawn, but that the "empty space" of the fill pattern shows "what is below".
For example, it would be helpful if one cross out something drawn with the diagonal fill pattern.
I also wish winfig was better at remembering which way I exported a file. For instance, I usually use pstex, but winfig always forgets what magnification I used.

Having said that, winfig is really a great tool. I have used it for an endless number of lecture notes.

I would really like to implement better color modes. The problem is that the FIG file formats doesn't support it. I would have to move away from that "standard" and lose interoperability with Xfig. However, perhaps it's time to follow that path.

The other thing about remembering export settings is easier to implement. WinFIG forgets the settings at each restart, but does it also forget it between each export action?
This forum belongs to www.schmidt-web-berlin.de/winfig