Author Topic: LaTeX/Rigid flag status hardly visible  (Read 3524 times)

CrazyL

• View Profile
LaTeX/Rigid flag status hardly visible
« on: August 16, 2017, 12:04:27 PM »
Version: 7.2

In the "Text" sidebar, it is very hard to see whether the "LaTeX/Rigid" flags are set or not:

Rem.: I added the big black frames to put both sidebar snippets right next to each other.

On the right side where both flags are set, the label text has a very slight shadow. That's the only difference between the two. In previous versions I remember that the label background was darkened when one of those flags was set -- I'd like that solution better as it's a lot easier to see.

Thanks for your on-going work on that great tool!

Andreas

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: LaTeX/Rigid flag status hardly visible
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 03:11:27 PM »
Yes, that's the look of the Fusion widget style. The light look is lacking some contrast. Here you can see the available styles: Qt Widget Gallery. The problem is that only Fusion is available on all platforms and each style has a little bit different layout metrics, so I would have to make widget layouts that fit all possible styles, which can be a lot of fiddling around. Havin one style makes it easier.

I could use a checkbox instead of a push button, but it needs addditional horizontal space for the label. I can also modify the style and change the pressed state color. Perhaps that's what I will do.

However, on my monitors the pressed state is quite distinguishable, but I have IPS panels on both my desktop and my laptop. I know that TN panels are lacking contrast and are fading colors.
This forum belongs to www.schmidt-web-berlin.de/winfig

CrazyL

• View Profile
Re: LaTeX/Rigid flag status hardly visible
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 07:46:41 AM »
Quote from: Andreas
I can also modify the style and change the pressed state color. Perhaps that's what I will do.

Thanks for your reply, that would be great. I guess a background of dark gray could do the trick and would not be offensive.